Karate 5EC is a broad-spectrum insecticide containing lambda-cyhalothrin as the active ingredient. This insecticide is very effective for the control of biting, chewing and sucking insect pests of cotton and other crops including grasshoppers, locusts and armyworm.
- It is suitable for use on any major crops because of its wide scope of action.
- Lambda cyhalothrin 5 % EC (Emulsifiable concentrate)
- Grasshoppers, Locusts, Armyworms, etc.
Karate: How to use
- Karate 5EC is highly active (by contact and ingestion) against a wide range of insect pests. It can eliminate or reduce the acaricidal sprays needed in the season if applied regularly, especially using high volume ground sprays.
- Dilute the amount indicated below with clean water.
- Dose: 1.5 – 2.0mL/liter of water.
- Do not smoke, drink or eat while using this product.
- Wear eye protection (at least glasses). If you get it in your eyes, wash it out at once.
- Wear synthetic rubber gloves. Undiluted Karate can irritate your skin. If you get it on your skin, wash it off at once. If you spill it on your clothes, change and wash them immediately.
Safety when spraying
- As with all chemicals, avoid contact with the spray as much as you can.
- When using mist blower, wear a mask covering nose and mouth.
- To avoid harming fish in ponds or other water bodies, do not spray over water.
- Eye splashes: Hold eyelids apart and pour in a gentle stream of water for 10-15 minutes. Go to a doctor.
- If Karate Insecticide is swallowed, do not make the person vomit. Take person, and this container, to a doctor at once for medical treatment.
- Medical treatment: If gastric lavage is performed, take care to prevent aspiration of gastric contents. Consider administration of activated charcoal and a laxative. Treat symptomatically.
- At least 2 years from the date of manufacture in original sealed containers stored in a cool dry place.